How do FIDS help improve the passenger experience in the airport?
Reduce the stress that airports can cause by transforming the movement through them into a pleasant and enjoyable experience: this is one of the biggest challenges for airport management in a context which calculates that 25% of the population have a fear of flying. Therefore, the passenger experience is placed at the top of the list of issues to improve in airports in the future; and a key element in achieving this are FIDS systems and the transmission of real time information to users.
Baggage handling, security control, delays, finding the boarding gate and hustle and bustle at airports can produce feelings of anxiety and uncertainty in passengers. Such feelings could be alleviated with a network of strategically placed information points that provide the necessary data for users to achieve their objective: board their flight on time, comfortably and without worries. In summary, the goal is to ensure that these airport screens promote efficient mobility and help passengers to move quickly through the facilities, clearly knowing where to go and even having fun on the way.
1. Speed: FIDS systems for saving time
FIDS Systems show passengers information about their flights so that they are able to locate each one of the areas in which they must carry out the pre and post flight procedures at the right time:
- Hours of departure and arrival
- Airline operating each flight
- Boarding gates assigned
- Billing counters
- Baggage carousel number for luggage collection
Knowing this data is essential so that the user is able to move quickly through the airport infrastructure. It must always be presented clearly and in real time, which necessitates a solution such as Dolphin AIS which centralises, processes and publishes flight information on monitors, sharing it instantly with passengers, stakeholders and airport staff.
2. Accuracy: FIDS systems for choosing the correct route
In addition to keeping passengers up-to-date on the basic flight information, FIDS Systems also help in choosing the most appropriate route to reach the boarding gate, making decisions adapted to the current airport situation. In this sense, Dolphin AIS offers features such as:
- Information on distances to the boarding gates. The solution shows the time that it will take from each monitor on which the passenger is viewing their flight information to the boarding gate assigned to it.
- Web FIDS, a web interface that allows flight information to be taken outside the airport environment and displayed in hotels, restaurants or transportation connected with it.
- Zoning of messages, for the transmission of public address messages differentiated by areas with Dolphin AFAS, integrated with any PAS (Public Address System) on the market.
3. Entertainment: FIDS systems for enjoyment in the airport
Finally, for the improvement of the passenger experience it is important to introduce a new ingredient for the time spent in the airport: fun. This can be achieved through stimuli that contribute to making waits and downtimes more bearable, with suggestions of catering establishments, fashion etc., or with multimedia content (advertising or entertainment) to broadcast on the FIDS System screens, either individually or sharing said content with flight information. This is possible thanks to products such as Dolphin ADS which allow you to display TV channels, URLs and video or text files for broadcast on monitors.